Replacing instead of restoring?
Many contractors and owners of the home, due to today’s level of modernization prefer replacing all their appliances; Furniture, and pieces of equipment, instead of restoring.
- Forgetting that each piece in the home has a hidden story to tell, they believe in modernizing their homes for the future; Then replenishing what they felt from the first instance, of purchasing the home.
- They forget that every part of the home was designed with a specific purpose to serve and portray. You should explore every possible option of home restoration, before replacing any piece in your home as the home was designed with it in mind.
The wrong aesthetic message?
Most of time, when remodeling a home especially due to loss of furniture pieces from an incident; The contractors make the mistake of picking, a bunch of different furniture’s from a home depot. Arrange them to form a room, in a manner that does not convey the right aesthetic message to the rest of the house.
- It’s mostly how home remodeling is done today, without consideration of the story the home has to tell the world.
- It could also be a more noticeable part of the home, the exterior.
- The contractors, may instead of changing a broken window and restoring the house to fit its neighborhood and environment; They may completely change its traditional look, to a home with no background story.
Every home tells the background story of a person’s life; That’s why it’s important to restore your home, in a way that sends a befitting message. That elaborates, your taste and style. Since these old homes, require materials that need to match them exactly like the ones used; It would be best to find a general contractor, to do the job.
Your home describes an important story of your life, taste, and aesthetics as said before.
But no matter which part of the home you decide to restore, to its former glory or tell an even greater story; It’s important not that forget that preserving those traditional designs. And aesthetics will enable those next in line, to inhabit that home to always cherish them just as you did. Considering also, all the NYC building violations.
Getting the perfect home can be a real biggy, especially when it comes to remodeling your home to its original form and architectural style. Restoration, done on many 1970 houses by most contractors; Tend to lose their place in the environment, and feel out of place.